Why an extension ?
The NEUTRON is an extremely well-stocked semi-modular synthesizer who fits perfectly into a modular EURORACK environment by offering the possibility of being easily detached from its chassis, thus becoming a complete 80HP synthesis voice.
But the “MAIN PCB” board, disconnected, becomes unusable.
We thus lose very important parameters and functions of this synthesizer, such as the USB interface (the dedicated application is very useful), the audio IN, the choice of MIDI channels etc …
The solution: the extension imagined and produced by “ph modular” in the form of a “Do It Yourself” kit, to be assembled by the user, with all the components necessary for its realization supplied. Thus, you will find the full power of Neutron in your Eurorack system!
What there is to know:
In order to respect the dimensions of the 1U Intellijel ™, this kit requires replacing the midi Din connector with a pre-wired TRS jack supplied (do not hesitate to download the assembly manual below where everything is explained in step by step).
What does the “MAIN PCB” extension bring?
– Independent power supply, you relieve that of your eurorack case
– On / off switch
– USB port: very important because it allows the use of the application, which gives access to many “hidden” features, options, updates etc …
– MIDI THRU port: this port transmits data received via MIDI IN
– Easy choice of MIDI channel among the traditional 16 available
– Headphone jack on 6.35mm jack and its dedicated output level control
– Line level output jack 6.35 (for mixing console, audio interface …)
– 6.35 input jack, it allows you to process an external signal (the signal is routed to the VCF and follows the same path as the oscillators and the noise generator – see diagram at the end of manual)
Available with red, white or black panel.
Also available for synthesizers: